Monday, August 17, 2009

My least favorite part: the clean up
Actually, I can't think of anything I like about painting. But the walls around here really need a fresh coat of paint, so I am doing what I can.

I am still waiting for the results of my final exam in the clinical chemistry course I took this summer to arrive in the mail. It has been over two weeks since the course ended, so I am hoping the results will be here soon. The class took two months of total focus and I am really, really, really glad it is over. There is no way I could keep that pace up for very long. Very interesting stuff to study, but for me it was just to much information to fast.

Last week I pulled out my knitting for the first time in 2 months. Very comforting to knit again.

I posted my pattern for the beaded smocked dress on Ravelry. It has been over a year since I submitted it for publishing and I haven't heard anything yet. I didn't get a reply to my email inquiries, so I have to assume it isn't of much interest to the publisher. And I noticed last week that the yarn I used has been discontinued. So I decided to offer the pattern to other knitters for free. Here are pictures taken last summer of a friend's daughter in the dress:

Now that I have posted the pattern, I am panicking a bit, though. I am hoping there are no errors in it. I have decided to knit another dress to double check the pattern. I think it would be so wonderful to be a fiber artist and design knitwear. I love to create new things with yarn, but often get bogged down with the technical writing and need to knit everything more than once to figure out how to write it in pattern form. It would be so nice to work together with other people that specialize in such things. Then I could just play with the yarn.
I named the pattern "Lilah" and am making it in pink this time.
The other knit design that I abandoned when I became a chemistry student was Monroe's Puppy Love Gloves . I pulled them out of hiding, too, and plan to work on them some more.

And for some mindless knitting, I pulled out the shawl that I started a long time ago for my mom. I'd really like to get it done for her this year. It's an older pattern from Interweave Knits. It's a great TV project for the end of the day when my brain is gone and my hands need to knit.
Shasta is reminding me that he needs a walk now, so off we go. I will knit some more later on tonight - with my paint speckled fingers.

1 comment:

glenda said...

Oh so happy you've pulled out the Munro Puppy Love gloves again. They are my favorites!!