Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Great Friend's Great Wheel


A good friend of mine passed away a couple years ago. Her name was Eunice and she lived across the street. She was a sincere and wonderful person. I miss her more than I can express.

Last week her family sold her house, so soon we will have new neighbors.

As the moving begins and my friend's world possessions are sorted and divided, I have been blessed to receive her Great Wheel. It has been in her family for a long time, and though
she never spun, she loved this wheel for it's family history. The wheel is not in working order; some important pieces are missing. I hope I can find someone skilled at spinning wheel restoration and see what can be done to get the wheel back into usable condition. I'd be so thrilled to spin on this wheel. Just looking at it keeps my friend close in my heart.

No comments: