Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Harvest Season is coming
Entries for the Big E hand spun skein competition open this week and I am thinking of entering this year. Here are the skeins I might pick ...

The classes are 1, 2, and 3 ply in 50 to 100% wool or mohair and 1, 2, or 3 ply in 50-100% camelid, cashmere, or angora.

My handspun skeins from left to right are: 2 ply wool, silk, angora and angelina blend; 2 ply mixed yarn of 1 ply angora and 1 ply canine undercoat; 2 ply Romney wool; 1 ply mohair; and 2 ply blend of wool and canine undercoat.

Entries close September 10th, so I am thinking of trying to get a 3 ply alpaca done before then. I am busy cleaning out the house and preparing for a yard sale, so I'm not sure how much spinning I will get done. I need to clear out some space mentally and physically, so a yard sale seemed like a good idea. Getting rid of stuff does feel good, but it is also a bit overwhelming. Or maybe I was already overwhelmed and that's why I need to clear out some space. Hmm, well now that I have gone around in circles verbally, maybe I should go unwind and spin at my wheel for a bit before going to bed.

No comments: