Saturday, July 19, 2008

Midnight SurferThe roving for this scarf is from Chameleon Colorworks. I spun it for the Morning Surf Scarf pattern that is featured in the Summer 2008 issue of Spin-Off magazine. The roving is dyed in the "midnight" colorway. I loved the colors in the roving and tried to Navajo ply the singles to preserve the color transitions. My technique was not very good, though, (will keep practicing) so I opted instead to make a 2 ply yarn from the singles and hoped that the bright colors wouldn't become too diluted. I wanted to get started on the scarf right away and couldn't wait for my plying skills to improve before casting on for the scarf. I must be an impatient knitter...... I am happy to say that I am very pleased with how the colors are knitting up in the scarf. I can't wait to see how all the colors come through in the finished scarf. Yes, yes, I know, I need to be patient. Note to self: Knitting is a relaxing activity, speed doesn't count for much. How FAST you knit is never as important as how WELL you knit.

No comments: