Monday, November 19, 2012

Angry Bird Hoodie


Several months ago my grandson asked me if I could make him and Angry Bird Hoodie.  He described an Angry Bird hooded bath towel that he saw in the store and really liked.  Then he brought me an old hoodie I had knit for him a few years ago that no longer fit him.  He asked if I could knit him a bigger hoodie and put the angry bird face on the hood like the bath towel he saw.  I decided to give it a try and finished it in time for his 8th birthday.  When he opened his gift at his birthday party and saw the hoodie, he was very happy and wanted to put it one right away.  One of his friends at the party saw the hoodie and exclaimed "Now you and BE the Angry Bird!!"  I was happy to see how much my grandson liked his gift.  Sweaters aren't the normal sort of gifts that 8 year old boys get excited about.


No comments: