Monday, January 19, 2009

The Winter for Taiz

Today is the final chapter in the winter of Taiz's life.

Dear Taiz,
I only knew you for a short time, but grew to love and appreciate you and your wisdom. Thank you for taking the time to teach Shasta and Monroe a thing or two about SAR and about friendship. Thank you for all that you have shared. Shasta is very lucky to have worked a trail together with you. I'll always remember the first time you found me in the woods, your happy eyes that checked me a second time before running off to alert that you made the find. I was forever in complete awe of your air scenting ability, how gracefully you could run at top speed across any terrain, how much you cared about your work, and how much fun you could have all at the same time!! I will always remember you as a joyful K-9 Tinkerbell. I miss you.
All my love, Mavis

1 comment:

glenda said...

How sweet and beautiful. My eyes are filled with tears.