Monday, July 02, 2007

SOCKS FOR SOLDIERS



Last month I joined the online Yahoo group, sockforsoldiers

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOCKFORSOLDIERS/

We knit socks for US soldiers in the middle east. It has given me an opportunity to say thank you and do something, even though it is small, for a soldier that is willing to risk their own life for all of us here at home in the states. Big Black Socks, or BBS as they are know in the group, are boot socks knit for the soldiers to wear when on duty.

Christopher came to visit and thought the socks were VERY big, and quite silly when he tried one on. He is such a cute kid, his smile warms my heart more than I can say.

I finished the socks and they were mailed out last week. I hope the soldier that gets them finds them to be very comfortable and will know that some one back home is grateful for all they do.

Here is a picture of 2 pair of finished BBS that I knit:

No comments: