Friday, February 09, 2007

Magic Sweater

I finished knitting Christopher's sweater.....
















and figured out how to fold it....
















then sewed up the shoulders and added the buttons. Presto! One sweater ready for Valentine's Day.
















I didn't know where the stripes would end up and just changed yarn between the blue and green while I was knitting whenever I felt like it. So it was a complete surprise to find out what the sweater looked like.

I went to the fabric store looking for buttons in the shape of cars or trains or trucks. But none of the buttons I saw would work with the buttonholes in the sweater. So I bought ordinary green buttons and made a note to myself to go on line and find some cute buttons and create Christopher's next sweater around them. Plan ahead, or something like that....

No comments: